Alyssa Loman, LPC & LCPC, MS
Do you ever feel like you’ve been fighting an internal battle with yourself? Do you notice that the more you try to force yourself to stop thinking and feeling a certain way, the more unmanageable it becomes? What if I told you that you could let go of this struggle and instead use that energy to focus on what is most important to you in your life?
I know this may sound impossible, but in our work together I will teach you how to change your relationship with your thoughts, feelings, experiences and self so you can get back to living the life you want and deserve. As your therapist, I will create an empowering, safe and non-judgmental environment for you to increase your awareness, reconnect with the present moment and engage in actions that are aligned with your beliefs and values.
My Approach to Therapy
Alyssa works primarily with adults in individual and group counseling settings. Alyssa also has experience working with children, adolescents, young adults, and geriatric populations. Alyssa specializes in working with clients who identify as survivors of trauma (broadly defined), working with members of the LGBTQIA+ community, anxiety, depression, self-esteem, interpersonal relationship difficulties, family of origin concerns, substance misuse, grief, Attention-Deficit Disorder, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, identity exploration, and life transitions. Alyssa uses trauma-informed, evidence-based theoretical approaches including Person-Centered Therapy (PCT) and Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). Alyssa is also well-versed in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT) techniques and interventions.
Stress, Anxiety, Relationship issues, Trauma, Young Adult Issues and more.
- Missouri - Licensed Professional Counselor - License #2020043277
- Illinois - Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor - License #180.012103
- Western Illinois University - 2016 - MS Clinical/Community Mental Health
- Southern Illinois University - 2012 - BA Psychology
- Alyssa is currently assisting in researching the impact of Identity Development and Perspective Taking on College Success
- Alyssa previously served as a research assistant in the SIU Twin Play Study Lab
- Alyssa completed her internship at a rural community mental health agency in Central Illinois. As an intern, Alyssa provided individual, group and crisis services to children, adolescents, adults and geriatric populations.
- Alyssa has worked at a rural community mental health agency and at SIUE Counseling Services. While serving as a community mental health provider, Alyssa provided individual and group counseling services, was a member of the local Problem-Solving Court program, and crisis intervention. At SIUE Counseling Services, Alyssa provided individual counseling services for college students, provided consultation to fellow staff and campus partners, supervised interns, and was the leader of intern group supervision.