Hilary Kelly, LCSW
Located at 8949 Manchester Rd - Brentwood, MO
Meet Hilary Kelly
“Courage is not the absence of fear, courage is fear walking” - Susan David
It takes courage to sit with someone and share your story, especially if that story includes stress, anxiety, sadness, grief, and emotional suffering. My intention as a therapist is to create a safe and inclusive space for clients to be present with the emotions, thoughts, and feelings that make up the human experience.
In 15 years as a Social Worker and therapist, I have been able to connect with clients in a variety of settings addressing a number of needs. I specialize in working with adults struggling with depression, anxiety, grief and loss, life transitions, and relationship issues. I strive to create a therapeutic environment that is laid-back, empathetic, and warm while leaving space for laughter and fun along the journey.
My therapy style is client-centered, strengths-based, and eclectic. My goal is to tailor the therapeutic experience to your individual, specific needs. All of my work is trauma-informed and mindfulness is a cornerstone of my approach. I strive to share evidence-based theories and educate clients about how our bodies and brains are deeply connected. I use Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) as a framework for our time together. I will provide guidance on how to begin to fully be present in a moment, create space between you and your intrusive thoughts, identify key values in life, and help take actionable steps toward living in alignment with those values.
- LCSW in Missouri since 2016
- The University of North Carolina at Charlotte–Masters of Social Work
- The University of Arkansas at Little Rock–Masters of Business Administration
- Centenary College of Louisiana–Bachelors of Science in Business Administration
- Mercy Intensive Outpatient Mental Health Program: Provided group therapy in the areas of depression, anxiety, PTSD, life transitions, and grief and loss.
- St. Louis Children’s Hospital: Social worker for the ER providing crisis counseling and forensic interviewing in cases of trauma, abuse and neglect.
- Great Circle: Individual and family therapist for children and adolescents who were adopted or in foster care.
- Psychiatric Screener for Little Rock Community Mental Health
- Public Education Specialist for the Domestic Violence Shelter of Gaston County
- Americorps Volunteer for Communities in Schools of Mecklenburg County