- Washington University in St. Louis, Master of Social Work
- University of Missouri in St. Louis, Bachelor of Psychology
- Epworth Children & Family Services
- University City High School
For the last fifteen years I have served with direct care, case management, outpatient therapy, and crisis care settings in our shared Missouri community with SSM Behavioral Health, Community Treatment, Inc, Good Shepherd Children and Family Services, Marygrove Children’s Home, St. Louis County Government, and St. Louis County Family Court.
I have previously served in practice, grant writing, and research coordination roles in several psychology and social work research labs. Key publications include:
- Patterson, D. A., & Perkins, J. D., Butler-Barnes, S. T., & Walker, T. (2017). Social belonging and college retention: Results from a quasi-experimental pilot study. Journal of College Student Development, 58(5), 777-782.
- Patterson, D. A., & Perkins, J. D., Van Zile-Tamsen, C., Butler-Barnes, S. (2016). Impact of Violence and Relationship Abuse on Grades of American Indian/Alaska Native Undergraduate College Students. Journal of Interpersonal Violence. Published online: http://jiv.sagepub.com/content/early/2016/03/17/0886260516639255.abstract
- Dannerbeck-Janku, A., Peters, C., & Perkins, J. (2014). A comparison of female delinquents: The impact of child maltreatment histories on risk and need characteristics among a Missouri sample. Laws, 3(4), 780-797.
- Patterson, D. A., Dulmus, C. N., Maguin, E., & Perkins, J. (2014). Differential outcomes in agency-based mental health care between minority and majority youth. Research on Social Work Practice, 26(3), 260-265.
- Jonson-Reid, M., Kohl, P., Gormley, W., Marcal, K., & Perkins, J. (2014). Early childhood education: Investing in Missouri’s children. St. Louis, MO: Center for Violence and Injury Prevention, Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis. Retrieved from https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/hdfs/fii/wpcontent/uploads/2015/06/s_mofis02report.pdf
- Fluke, J., Wulczyn, F., Jonson-Reid, M., Kohl, P., & Perkins, J. (2013). Missouri policy opportunities: New evidence and innovations in child welfare systems. St. Louis, MO: Center for Violence and Injury Prevention, Brown School of Social Work, Washington University in St. Louis. Retrieved from: https://www.purdue.edu/hhs/hdfs/fii/wpcontent/uploads/2015/07/s_mofis01report.pdf
- Taylor, M. J., Austin, C. C., Perkins, J. D., & Edwards, J. L. (2012). Sociohistorical privilege in higher education: Implications for African American student psychological adjustment, resiliency, and success at predominately White institutions. In Sheri R. Notaro (Ed.), Health disparities among under-served populations: Implications for research, policy and praxis (pp. 241-261). Bingley, UK: Emerald Group Publishing Limited.