You Might Benefit From Couples Counseling if Your Answer is “Yes” to Any of the Following Questions:
- Is your relationship in trouble?
- Are you feeling resentful and angry towards your spouse?
- Sick of the silent treatment?
- Do you feel alone more times than not?
- Is there a loss of passion and excitement in your relationship?
- Has there been an act of infidelity?
- Do you find it hard to have a work/life balance?
- Is addiction playing a role in your relationship?
- Do you feel like you are constantly being critiqued?
- Wish you were enjoying life together as a team?
You and your partner might be feeling sad, hopeless, overwhelmed, hurt, frustrated or angry. When your marriage began you might have felt hope, joy, and love. You may be wondering how did you get to this point?
Most couples go through challenging times and get off track. It is inevitable that you will go through challenging times as a couple. All couples must face stress and conflict. You may be having a hard time seeing your relationship in a positive light. Some people just feel like their spark fades. Or maybe, there has been a breach of trust or an extramarital affair. Stress from outside your relationship from any of a variety of factors like financial, work, parenting, illness, addiction, extended family life, has created a strain on your marriage that you want to resolve. When conflict occurs often, we put walls up to protect ourselves from being vulnerable. This can start an endless downward cycle.
Get your relationship back on track with guided relationship counseling sessions. Why? Because they work.
Many issues boil down to communication. Our therapists have many techniques and evidence-based therapies to help you identify your unmet relationship needs and communicate them effectively to your partner. We will help you listen and feel heard. Once a couple identifies its negative patterns and learns to communicate in a deeper and more meaningful way, new cycles of bonding occur, and negative cycles are replaced. Our therapists will help you refresh your bond and get past these negative cycles. These positive cycles then become self-reinforcing and create permanent lasting change.
Some people view an act of infidelity as a breach of trust that cannot be undone. Honestly, we talk with couples that have overcome marital affairs and have stronger relationships afterward. Some people view their dead bedroom as unfixable. We can fix it. Others want help navigating the next step. We do that to and see people come out better on the other end. Through our support and gentle guidance, we will help you discover how to work together as a couple and have the relationship that you have always wanted.
Come try it out couples therapy at our couples workshop.
Couples Workshops are led by Open Arms Wellness' Licensed Professional Counselors and are hosted on www.meetup.com. Click here for more information. What do you have to lose? The first session is free and starts soon.
Common problems we help clients overcome in couples therapy:
- Increasing sexual and emotional intimacy
- Breaking negative cycles
- Rebuilding trust
- Stopping repetitive arguments
- Feeling appreciated and heard
"She really helped us understand each other. She broke down our arguments into smaller manageable parts. We have never been more in love"
"I never thought it would have been possible to feel this connected again. We have only been going a few weeks and I already see the difference."
"This Couples Therapy works. It didn't fix everything, but it got us talking and listening again.I feel like she [the partner] finally understands why I am upset."
"Once I finally really listened, I understood where she was coming from. We are still working on things, but I feel like I have a partner again"
Intensive Couple’s Therapy
For couples on the brink of separation, we offer an intensive treatment option consisting of 12 meetings over a three-week period.
This intensive session starts with each partner meeting with our relationship counselor one-on-one for 60 minutes. You'll then meet together for 60-minute sessions, three days in a row to discuss issues, goals, and solutions, learning to apply different therapeutic techniques that strengthen your relationship. We then see you every three days for 7 additional sessions.
This intensive option is geared for:
- Couples on the brink of separation, break up or divorce
- Couples working with another therapist (not us!) who feel they are not making progress
- Couples who have limited time and who are results oriented wanting to cover ground quickly
- Any couple that needs an in-depth assessment of their relations, therapeutic strategies, and bespoke recommendations in a short period of time